Pages

Thursday 8 March 2018

The Explorer - Reading Wheel.

This week in room 1 we made reading wheels. We had to use our maths skills of rotation to figure out where the midpoint is, the diameter and radius and then we had an extra task to write about a full rotation (360°) a quarter turn (90°). Did you know that a 90 degree turn is also called a right angle? If you can't see what the maths on the circle says, I'll write it so you can understand. 
Radius:  The radius is a straight line from the center to the edge of a circle.
Diameter: The diameter is any straight line going from one side of a circle to the other side. 
On each sector we had to write or draw something about the book we were reading. I've been reading the Explorer by Katherine Rundell. On sector 1,3 and 5 we used illustrations on sector 2, 4 and 6 we wrote about our book. I hope you enjoy my photos of my wheel. Please leave a comment, if you like my work!

Below... 
1-Cover of my wheel.
2-Math part of wheel.
 3-Illustrations and writing part of my wheel.



1 comment:

  1. Teifi, I really liked the way you used your math learning/skills to divide your wheel into sectors. You planned your response thoroughly and produced a well presented reading wheel. Ka mau te wehi!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.