Pages

Wednesday 30 May 2018

Sun, Wind and Rain.

Yesterday for reading I learnt about the weather and how to tell if there is a storm coming.
I learnt about different types of clouds and made a poster on google drawing about the clouds.
Did you know if you see a halo around the sun it means there might be a storm headed your way.
This halo appears when the cirrus clouds that surround the sun become cold. The clouds start to grow tiny ice crystals inside of them and when the sun shines on the crystals it reflects and shows itself as a sun halo.(a ring around the sun)  Here is the poster I made about the cirrus clouds and cirrocumulus clouds. Please comment if you have any questions.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Teifi,
    I did not know that a halo around the sun means a storm is coming. It is good to learn new information that can be useful i.e. when I see a halo around the sun I will take my umbrella with me when I walk my dog - thanks. I like the way to have labelled the clouds, it makes me clearly understand the differences between the two types of clouds.
    Thanks,
    Storm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Teifi,
    Wow, I'm impressed with the way you have shared your learning about clouds. You have carefully described the halo around the school and what it means. Now I know! Do you know the names of other types of clouds?
    Mrs Krausse

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.